Frequently Asked Questions
Can you send me a text notification instead of an email or phone call?
Yes, we can! To sign up for text notifications, please sign up for Shoutbomb! What is Shoutbomb?
It’s an alert that you can receive on your mobile phone for when items are due, what items are on hold, if you have fees and more. You can renew items using this feature. You can also add other card numbers to this account, so you can see what your children have checked out!! Please follow the instructions in the link to sign up, you will need your library card number and your PIN. Your PIN should be your last name in SMALL letters only. If your phone will not allow you to do a text to email, please call the library at 970-327-4833, so we can put in a ticket to our Shoutbomb contact for you. We hope you enjoy this feature!
Do you offer a GED program?
We no longer have an instructor for our GED program, but we still have the GED materials for you to research on your own. We also offer a program called Career Online Highschool. This program allows you to receive your actual high school diploma, provides you with a teaching coach and allows you to transfer any high school credits that you may have.
For more information, please visit: https://norwood.colibraries.org/adults/career-online-high-school/
Can we rent out rooms for events?
Yes, you can! We have the North and South Multipurpose rooms, which can be rented together for a large event, the Conference room, the North and South Study rooms. You can also hold events on the South Patio.
Please visit: https://lonecone.librarycalendar.com/reserve-room
for more information.
Please reach out to our Program Coordinator, Beverly Taylor, if you have any questions or need more assistance. Beverly@loneconelibrary.org
How can I sign up for a Library Card?
You can request one in person by following the steps below.
- Ask librarian for an application form
- Fill out name, mailing address, phone number, city of residence, email address, age and parent signature if under 15 years of age.
- Proof of identification is needed: drivers license, travel visa, passport, etc.
- Proof of local residence is required with a copy of a document with your name and physical address on it.
You can also request one online by clicking the following link: https://norwood.catalog.aspencat.info/
Once you are here, on the left hand side of the screen you will see a tab that say ‘login’. Click on this. It will bring a popup window that asks for your library card number and last name. Directly below the last name in blue letter it says Register for a new Library Card. Click on this link and follow the instructions. When you submit this, it will be sent to our staff and someone will be contacting you to finish the process.
If you still have questions, please call us at 970-327-4833 or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What types of materials can I donate to the library?
What we ACCEPT:
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially recorded CDs (music and audio books)and DVDs in their original container.
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, dirty, or bug infested)
- Textbooks over 5 years old
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Surplus material from other institutions
- Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, travel books and such(4 years or older)
- Magazines or books published by magazines.
- Cassettes and VHS tapes
- Anything stored outside the home (storage sheds, garage, barn)
For questions about specific items, drop off procedures and anything else, please reach out to Technical Services Specialist, Rhonda Oliver, through the library phone number or her email: email@example.com
How do I donate to the Lone Cone Library?
We are working to create an online donation portal. Until that is complete, please contact Director, Carrie Andrew, by phone or email to discuss the best way to give and how you would like your donation to be used.
Carrie Andrew: 970-327-4833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
you may mail a check made out to the Lone Cone Library to Box 127, Norwood, CO 81423