Associate’s degree or higher preferred; minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
Pay Scale: $15-$18 per hour
- Ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds and from all circumstances
- Ability to create curriculum and plan with purpose
- Comfortable with STEAM programming or willing to learn
- Networking capabilities
- High level communication skills
- Proficient with technology and social media
- Highly organized, self- starter, adaptable, flexible
- Ability to self-monitor and set personal goals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic
The Programmer will:
- Assists in coordinating, planning and executing programming that are educational and enriching for youth or adults of all ages.
- Coordinate, set-up and deliver programming.
- Supervises and monitor attendees of programs.
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times while engaging with adults, youth, other patrons, and staff. Adheres to customer service guidelines and procedures as established by the Library.
- Promotes literacy and conducts reader’s advisory services for youth.
- Adopts a connected learning approach to presenting programs, classes and events for that educate, inform and inspire.
- Advertise events with posters, word of mouth, and social media outreach.
- Be consistent, reliable and punctual for programs/events.
- Track of attendance at each event for statistical reporting.
- Represent Library in a professional manner at all times.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Coordinator.
- Regularly follow lesson plans and/or prepare and turn in lesson plans timely.
- Exercises good judgment in enforcing library policies while maintaining positive relations with customers.
- Educate the public regarding the value of the library, services offered and the opportunities to grow those services.
- All other duties as required or requested.
Tween Programs: K-5
- Develop new programming with Program Coordinator
- Lead one after school (Tuesday) and one Friday program STEAM program
Teen and Adult Programs:
- Coordinate, setup and carry-out already planned and new programming as needed.
- Develop new programming with Program Coordinator.
Summer Reading Program:
- Host and carryout cohesive summer program.
- Plan, advertise and facilitate programs for 7 weeks in the summer for all age groups including Kick Off and Finale events
Accepting applications until May 15, 2022.
Interested? All resumes and interest letters should be sent to Carrie Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to check out what other positions we have available at the Lone Cone Library? Visit our Jobs Page!